Naturally, when you have the skills that David Beckham had, you were always going to go and play for the biggest clubs in the world and alongside some of the greatest players to have ever graced the sport.
Indeed, that’s a given as you will be in as much demand as the sites that are available as new casinos UK continue to pop up all over the place. However, when you think about trying to name an XI that involves some of the best players you have ever been able to play with, not many will be able to match the options that Becks has been able to call upon as teammates in the past.
TransferMarkt had decided to try and take it upon themselves to create an impressive XI, and to be fair to the site, they managed to do it some justice.
Check out what they managed to come up with below:
- GK: Iker Casillas – Real Madrid (147 games alongside Beckham)
- DL: Roberto Carlos – Real Madrid (135 games)
- DR: Gary Neville – Manchester United/England (379 games)
- CB: Thiago Silva – AC Milan (20 games)
- CB: Rio Ferdinand – Man Utd/England (97 games)
- CM: Paul Scholes – Man Utd/England (343 games)
- CAM: Zinedine Zidane – Real Madrid (102 games)
- LW: Ronaldinho – AC Milan (20 games)
- RW: Luis Figo – Real Madrid (76 games)
- CF: Ronaldo Nazario – Real Madrid (104 games)
- CF: Ruud van Nistelrooy – Man Utd/Real Madrid (109 games)
Yeah, star-studded, right!
Interestingly, only Thiago Silva is the only one to continue to be playing, as he enters his third season with Chelsea and is showing no signs of slowing down despite being in his late 30s.
Some, though, will argue that the Brazilian would be better replaced by the likes of either Alessandro Nesta, Sergio Ramos, or Fabio Cannavaro given that they had only played 20 times together.
Let’s not forget, this list also excludes individuals including Paolo Maldini, Jaap Stam, Steven Gerrard, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Roy Keane, Andrea Pirlo, Eric Cantona, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and Peter Schmeichel.
Indeed, David Beckham had an incredible career where he was just as important as the players to have been mentioned above, thus highlighting just how good he was in his day.
Nowadays, he is watching his Inter Miami side look to compete in the MLS, where he has close friend and former teammate Phil Neville leading the charge as they look to continue to improve within American soccer.